Some of you may recognize this T-shirt, it’s the official t-shirt we got in the swag bags at the Blog Paws pet bloggers conference. As a T-shirt designer I have to say I would never be seen in a big boxy t-shirt. They’re not doing any of us ladies a favour when it comes to the female form. However, I do have a remedy for that…it’s called Shred It Like A Rockstar. Think about it, you can take any t-shirt and elevate it to rockstar status. I’m going to show you easy it is to shred…just walk this way.
You will need a big boxy t-shirt, scissors, and a cutting mat or book to use as a guide.
1. Start by cutting the edges of the sleeves off.
2. Make even cuts along the top of the sleeve. It’s up to you how deep you want to make the cuts.
3. Trim off the neck. Again choose how wide and deep you would like the neck.
You can choose how wide and deep you would like the neck.
4. Flip your t-shirt over.
5. Fold the t-shirt down the back. Make sure it’s only the back of the t-shirt as we’re going to make some cuts and you do not want to cut the front.
6. Take your cutting mat and angle it to make one side of the pyramid.
7. Cut even strips
8. Place your cutting mat to complete the other side of the pyramid.
9. Cut even strips.
10. Lay the t-shirt with the back facing upwards.
11.Take hold of each side of the strips on the back and the sleeves. Now pull and stretch so that the fabric rolls.
12. All strips are now rolled.
13. Take the top strip and pull it over the strip below it.
14. Take the second strip and repeat by pulling it over the strip below and continue to the bottom.
You can keep the loops in the centre.
Or you can spread them to either side of the t-shirt.
15. When you get to the bottom and holding the last strip cut it into two and tie into a knot.
If you dare to bare it all wear it alone or layer a light tank underneath in a contrasting color. Now go out and rock the world in your new shred it like a rockstar tee. \m/ ~ Sam The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll Dogs