Have you ever seen a dog more pet-riotic than me? My name is Misty and I’m a friend of Sam the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll Dogs. I’m a rock and roll dog living it large in Las Vegas and I’m ready to rock America’s birthday. Do you like my new do? I had it specially done for the big weekend.
Now talking of the big weekend I want to put the fun aside for one moment and remind everyone that Independence Day sees more lost pets than any other day of the year. It’s through no fault of their own either. This means some of my friends who are scared of fireworks will sometimes run away. What I want to ask all pet parents is to take some extra precautions to keep your furry family members safe and calm. I’ve pawed together some tips to prevent your pet from being a July 4th statistic.
Misty’s Pet-Riotic Tips
- Padlock your gates so that your pets cannot run away. It’ll be the best two dollars you’ll ever spend.
- Make sure your pet’s chip info is up-to-date and that they have a tag on their collar.
- Stay at home with your pets because fireworks are scary. Hey you know you prefer to hang out with us pets anyway.
- Create a safe space for your pets in your home away from noise if possible.
- Distract your pets from the noise of fireworks with music, toys, and chew bones.
- Purchase a Thunder Jacket. The compression from the jacket makes pets feel good.
I hope you find these tips very easy to follow and it just takes a bit of time and a couple of dollars to prevent my furry friends from being scared and running away. Just remember pets celebrate in a slightly different way than humans do. Staying at home feeling safe, calm, and secure is the ultimate way to celebrate.
Have a fantastic July 4 and I’ll see you soon. Woof woof!