Friday, June 25th is Take Your Dog To Work Day TM.
We want to raise awareness of the benefits of businesses opening their hearts to our furry friends in the work place and the importance of pet adoption.
Contest closes Sunday, June 27th @ 5pm. If you can show us some Twitter retweet love we would truly appreciate it and please tell all of your friends.
Win Vegas Rock Dog gear!
Checkout some of the facts related to taking your dog to work and also pay a visit to www.takeyourdog.com for more info on how you can get involved and get your downloadable tip sheets compliments of Take Your Dog To Work Day TM below.
Did You Know…
According to a recent survey conducted by The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association (APPMA), nearly one in five companies in the United States allow pets in the workplace.
The survey, which polled working Americans 18 years of age and over, showed some strikingly positive opinions towards pets in the workplace:
According to the survey:
- 55 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment
- 53 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism
- 50 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along better
- 38 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment
- 32 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace
- 37 million believe having pets in the workplace helps improve the relationship between managers and their employees
- And, 46 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours
Source: APPMA 2006 Survey